ARE YOU TREATING YOUR DREAMS LIKE A “SIDE-CHICK”?
Yes, I said it!!! Many of us are very familiar with what “side-chick” status looks like- either by experience or association, so as yourself- “Am I cheating on my dreams”?
If you are unsure to the answer, here are 3 signs that you may be treating your dreams like a “side-chick”:
- It has been more than 72 hours since you have invested “quality time” into your dream. Quality time meaning you have poured some serious time, energy and effort into your dream to build the vision that lives in your heart.
- Most people who know you, know more about your job than they do about your dream. Ouch!!! I’m sure that one made you think!! What are you promoting- your dream or you job?
- The majority of your time, energy and resources are connected to your job, and your dream gets what’s left. After work, you fall in to the “post 9-5 lifestyle”– dinner, errands, happy hour, Netflix…. No time, energy or effort is being put into your dream.
BONUS SIGN- YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT IT WHEN YOU ARE LOW ON MONEY!!!!!
For those of us who have a dream and passion to be amazing and great in the world, we cannot treat our dream like a side-chick. I don’t even like the term “side-hustle”, because it equates to the same sub-standard relationship with your dreams. Yes, you may have a full-time job, but you also have a FULL-TIME DREAM!! That dream deserves just as much energy, passion, time, and effort- actually more than you are devoting to your job. What you are doing for your employer should not compare to the energy and attention you are giving your dream.
HOW TO FIX IT………
- Don’t quit your job………but you must quit cheating on your dreams. You must put your “best” energy, effort and resources into what’s next or you will remain an employee, instead of stepping up to be a BOSS.
- It’s going to cost ya!! This means less Netflix &Chill and more Rise & Grind!! Free-time is a luxury when building your business. Until you can flip the tables to where your dream pays you more than your job- you have not arrived at your destination and the grind must continue!!
- Renew your vows. Remember why you are here. Remember your dreams. Remember why you started. Let that passion fuel the journey ahead until the day the vision in your heart matches the life you live each day.
SAY “ I DO” TO YOUR DREAMS- CUT THE SIDE CHICK TREATMENT